5 Ways to Wake Up Feeling Refreshed Every Day
If you’re perennially sleep-deprived, you’re not alone… The Sleep Council estimate that one third of Britons sleep for just five-to-six hours each night, although experts believe most adults need between six and nine hours in order to feel refreshed.
So, if you’re done with counting sheep; have had enough of tossing and turning; and are feeling thoroughly tired and fed-up, now’s the time to try these sleep life hacks – designed to help you enjoy a clearer mind and boosted energy levels thanks to a great night’s sleep.
- Invest in a top-quality mattress – You’ll spend an average 26 years of your life asleep, which makes investing in a top-quality mattress a no-brainer. Start by honestly appraising your preferred sleeping style. If you’re looking for a high performance all-rounder that’s suited to front, side and back sleepers, the Thornfield mattress - with its 2,600 independent pocket springs - is the flagship design in the Hilary Devey Collection. Voted the Best Medium-Priced Mattress, The Independent said the Diamond mattress feels like it should cost three times as much! Containing 2,000 independent pocket springs, it’s highly recommended for people who like to change sleep position – responding to the slightest changes in pressure and movement. If you tend to sleep on your side but crave a little more support, the luxuriously cushioning Pemberley mattress - with its 1,500 independent pocket springs and memory foam layer - is tailor-made for you.
- Choose the right pillow – An industry-leading pillow tailored to your sleep preference is critical if you want to enjoy good spine health; to alleviate aches and pains; and to enjoy night after night of blissful sleep. From micro-cushioning beads to latex with bounce-back technology, there’s a host of fillings to choose from that are all tailored to your unique sleep preference. All Duvalay pillows will give you support and extreme comfort to sleep and relax on for years to come. They are hypoallergenic and anti-dust mite, and have a high-quality, washable zipped, cooling cover.
- Complete the look – Now you’ve selected your mattress and pillow, it’s time to have fun deciding on the final look of your bed. Reclaim your floor space and choose a divan base with optional drawers - perfect for storing bed linens and towels out of sight for a tidy, clutter-free bedroom. A headboard in matching fabric to coordinate with your base will create a stunning focal point. The Hilary Devey Collection includes four sumptuous designs to choose from – all elegantly styled to add a touch of opulence to your room.
- Ditch the tech – Resisting the siren call of Facebook and Twitter newsfeeds is tough but if you want to ease yourself into a reenergising night’s sleep, turning off your mobile phone is critical. The nasty artificial backlight from your screen plays havoc with the chemicals in your brain – throwing your body clock into freefall, inhibiting the release of the sleep-promoting hormone melatonin and activating neurons that boost alertness.
- Making time for friends and family – Whether it’s your teenage daughter ricocheting home from university after another break-up or your best mate who has had one too many for the road, you never know when an unexpected guest may need a comfy place to get their head down. Strengthen your social bonds by having an inviting guest bed to hand. The Thornfield, Diamond and Pemberley mattress are all available in single size, with prices starting from just £449.
Guest Blog Contribution: https://www.landofbeds.co.uk/duvalay/
Image courtesy of shutterstock.com