Our must-have staycation essentials
It's official, caravan and camping sites are now reopen. Hooray!!
Whether you're a seasoned pro or it's your first time camping, there are a few essentials we recommmend to make your trip effortless.
- A sleeping bag is a must, and although we may be slightly biased, we recommend the Duvalay Luxury Sleeping Bag. Ideal for use in tents, caravans, motorhomes and campervans, the Duvalay Sleeping Bag will transform any surface. Available in three different options, there is a Duvalay to suit everyone. Our Compact range is great for those with limited storage space, our Comfort range is ideal for those looking for maximum support, and our innovative FreshTec offers first-class comfort and promotes a cooler night's sleep - perfect for the warmer seasons ahead! This year Duvalay have also chosen to partner with One Tree Planted; we now plant one tree for every Duvalay Sleeping Bag sold on site!
- A sturdy camping chair. There are a couple that we wanted to list here, each with different features and benefits. Firstly, a great budget option is the the Hi-Gear Kentucky Classic Chair. This is comfortable and easy to store whilst not breaking the bank - a winner in our eyes if you are prone to breaking a camping chair after one too many Proseccos in the sunshine. Alternatively, if you are on the look out for a more premium option and are not too limited on storage space, the Alpha Camp Oversized Folding Chair is the one we would recommend. Although more pricey, this camping chair offers heavy duty support and comfort as well as a built in cooler bag to keep you cool on a hot summer's day.
- A torch - an absolute essential for any camping trip (the iPhone flashlight just doesn't cut it). We fell in love with the Goal Zero Powerbank Torch Hub 250 due to its array of very cool features. While the torch itself is great, it also has an inbuilt charging cable and solar panel so you never need to worry about running out of battery.
- A camping stove so you can whip up a hearty breakfast on a Sunday morning. There are so many options on the market but the Campingaz 400-SG is a great all-rounder. It has two hobs and removable griddles, burns butane, and has a piezo ignition for easy lighting. We also found that it could withstand stiff winds when on test. Despite its generous size, it folds away easily for storing in your tent or car boot.
- We know we already have a torch on the list, but this is one of the best gadgets we've seen in a while. The sleek VSSL First Aid Flashlight is both an LED flashlight but also houses everything you need in case of an emergency. From painkillers and antiseptic wipes to tweezers and nitrile gloves, it even includes a compass and emergency whistle. All items are rolled into a compact, indestructable 9" long tube that you can easily attach to your outdoor gear and carry with you on every adventure.
We know there are many more items that will make the list for your upcoming trips, but hopefully this will give you a starting point for items you may wish to invest in ahead of the 2021 staycation season.